Please note: Please read the information below for the full details on application and participation.
We encourage team members to read the information below thoroughly and apply for the rental program in advance of signing a lease to ensure your eligibility.You MUST apply and be approved for participation in Live Downtown, prior to purchasing a property.
- The First Time Rental program provides a subsidy of up to $2,500 in the first year for those moving into the Live Downtown district for the first time.
- The Renewing Rental program provides up to $1,000 for those who renew leases on properties within the Live Downtown district.
- The Purchase program offers a forgivable loan of up to $20,000 for those buying and occupying a house or condominium in the Live Downtown district. (Note: to be eligible for the purchase incentive, team members must have been employed with the company for at least 12 months. Team members who are purchasing their home with a mortgage, must work with Quicken Loans. Please visit Mortgage Insiders or contact LiveDowntownAdmin@QuickenLoans.com with any questions.)
- The Exterior Home Improvement program provides reimbursement of 50% of approved exterior improvement costs (up to $5,000) for preapproved exterior improvements.
Here’s how the application process works:
Step 1. Complete and Submit the Live Downtown application and Tax Disclosure Form
If you are inside the QL network, CLICK HERE to open the LIVE Downtown application in your web browser. Fill out the requested information and click the “Tax Disclosure” button at the bottom of the page to continue.
If you do not have access to the QL Network (new team members, DVP, and Bizdom team members only) click the following to download your application [Live-Downtown-Application-with-Tax-Disclosure]. Complete “Part 1,” the upper portion of the page. (Note, please leave the shaded portion at the bottom of “Part 1” blank. This will be completed by the LIVE Detroit team). Read the Live Downtown Tax Disclosure Acknowledgement and print your name on the first page and print and sign your name on the last page.
PLEASE NOTE: The incentive you receive from the Live Downtown program will be reported as income on your W-2 and will be subject to tax withholding. Be sure to read the Live Downtown Tax Disclosure Acknowledgement thoroughly. You must check off the box/sign the page acknowledging that you have read the Tax Disclosure before your application can be submitted.
Step 2. Submit your application for eligibility approvalThe Live Detroit team will verify your eligibility. To be eligible, you must:
- be a full or part time employee, regularly working 20+ hours per week (temps, contractors and interns are not eligible), and;
- not have been on a performance review or opportunity letter within the last six months for rentals and within the past one year for purchases. You may not have been on two or more performance review or opportunity letters in the past two years for either the purchase or rental incentive. If you are applying for the purchase incentive, you must have been a team member for at least 12 months, prior to submitting your application. Team members at Greektown Casino are not eligible for the Live Downtown incentive. Bizdom, Detroit Venture Partners, and GSTV employees are eligible for the rental incentive only. Please confirm with your team leader that your organization will participate in the program.
- For new team members, you must have signed and returned your offer letter for an eligible position.
If you are using the electronic form, submit your completed LIVE Downtown Application and Tax Disclosure Agreement by clicking the “Submit Application” button. If using the paper application, please submit your completed Part I and Tax Disclosure agreement to the LIVE Detroit team, via e-mail (LiveDowntownAdmin@QuickenLoans.com). The document must be submitted as a PDF. Photographs or other images are not allowed.
Step 3. Wait for approval
You will receive e-mail confirmation when your eligibility has been verified. Please note, it may take up to 72 hours for eligibility approval—please complete this portion of the process, prior to completing your apartment or home search.
Step 4. Find your home
Begin the search for a home within the Live Downtown boundaries. If you need help figuring out the right neighborhood, finding a property, or thinking about your options, visit the LIVE Detroit website or e-mail the LIVE Detroit Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for helpful hints and guidance when making your move.
Step 5. Submit your lease (or purchase property) for approval
Once you find the place you want to call home, you will need to submit a copy of your lease or purchase documentation for approval. Purchase documentation must be submitted in advance. You may submit an unsigned lease in advance to ensure that your property and lease meets all of the program eligibility requirements, prior to signing, but only a signed lease is required. Here’s the deal
- Leases must be for at least 12 months, have your name on it, and be within the program boundaries. In order to ensure timely payments, we request that you submit your application and lease documents as soon as possible. All documentation must be received within 30 days of signing your lease.
- Purchase properties must be move-in ready and be within the program boundaries. Team members who are purchasing their home with a mortgage, must work with Quicken Loans. Please visit Mortgage Insiders or contact LiveDowntownAdmin@QuickenLoans.com with any questions. Before closing we will require your proposed closing date (allowing at least 5 business days for processing), a fully executed purchase agreement, a real estate appraisal report, a copy of your title policy, wire instructions (on company letterhead), and contact at the closing title company. Post-closing, we require a copy of your signed promissory note and your HUD-1 settlement statement.
If you have questions on any of these requirements, please contact the Live Downtown team at LiveDowntownAdmin@QuickenLoans.com. If you do not submit your documentation in advance, we cannot ensure that you will be eligible to receive the incentive.
Step 6. Receive approval
For rentals, after we have reviewed your lease, you will receive an e-mail confirming your approval. You’re now ready to sign your lease, and move in! Purchase applicants will need to submit additional documentation and will have eligibility verified again prior to receiving final approval.
Step 7. Receive your incentive
Purchase Incentive: Once we have received your completed application, you will receive a pre-approval letter for your purchase and request additional documentation. Once your additional documentation has been approved (including your proposed closing date, a fully executed purchase agreement, a real estate appraisal report, a copy of your title policy, wire instructions, and contact at the closing title company) we will schedule your funds for closing and issue a promissory note.
Rental Incentive: The incentive will be paid to you directly in quarterly installments (January, April, July, October). The taxes on your payments will be taken from your paycheck, closest to the incentive distribution. Please note, we must have received your completed paperwork before our internal billing deadlines (typically the 15th of the month prior to the month of payment distribution) to make sure your payment will be disbursed for the following pay period. If your incentive application is not complete, or if your lease does not begin until after the first of the month (January, April, July, or October), your incentive payments may not begin until the following period. Additional funds will be distributed through your next payment, to make up for the previous missed months. You will still receive the full year’s funds.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions below, or contact LiveDowntownAdmin@QuickenLoans.com or 1.800.920.7488.